Ramona C. Madhosingh-Hector, M.S.
University of Florida
Phone: (727) 582-2656
Ramona Madhosingh-Hector is a Regional Specialized Agent in Urban Sustainability for the University of Florida/IFAS Extension and serves the Southwest District. Since 2010, she has developed educational programs that support and advance the region’s commitment to sustainability including programs focused on resource efficiency, community sustainability, and food systems. Ramona has a MSP in Urban and Regional Planning from Florida State University, a MS in Environmental Science from Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, and a BS in Agriculture from the University of the West Indies, Trinidad and Tobago.
Ramona will work in partnership with Alyssa Bowers (UF)
Working in various partnership combinations National Urban Extension Leaders (NUEL), Extension Foundation (formerly eXtension), Joint Council of Extension Professionals (JCEP) and WCMER, are all working to address professional development for urban Extension personnel.
To further advance WCMER’s leadership and dialogue with WEDA, and continue follow-up from the NUEC Leading Edge Dialogue, the Urban Extension Professional Development Summit, and the NUEL Professional Development Action Team, the WCMER fellow will focus on the following next steps:
Organizational Competencies and Administrator Professional Development
- Review WEDA notes and visit with WCMER members who participated in the event for further context as needed.
- Explore organizational competencies and related professional development for administrative leadership.
- Work with WCMER and NUEL on potential topic-based webinars and/or whitepaper contributions aligned with identified competencies.
Individual Competencies and Professional Development –
- Follow-up with JCEP on the eXtension competency framework to gain an understanding of how this is progressing and explore ways to integrate an urban digital badge or other micro-credential.
- Work with the NUEL PD Action Team and eXtension to complete a CFD process for Urban Extension Program Professionals and Project Representative (i.e. Hot Shots).
- Work with WCMER and eXtension on potential webinar and eBook contributions aligned with identified competencies.
- As appropriate, coordinate and work with other WCMER projects (e.g. NUEL Western Network summit, Urban Green Infrastructure Deep Dive, and ROI to Cities Deep Dive) related to the primary focus of this deep dive.
- Communication structure will need to be established for this.